With three Supersport World titles in recent years and local dominance, the track focused R6’s fierce winning reputation has been hard earned.
Just $79.94 Per Week
- Beauty - Technology - Speed - Meet the All-New 2017 YZF-R6 On track or street, the YZF-R6® was already one of the most advanced and successful supersport machines ever built. For 2017, radical new styling wraps up an even more intelligent racing machine, complete with ABS brakes, new suspension and new electronic rider aids.
- Unparalleled Racetrack Success The Yamaha YZF-R6 has won more AMA middleweight races and championships than any other 600cc sportbike, making it the number one choice for amateur and professional racers alike.
- Legendary R6 Handling Already one of the most nimble machines in the supersport class, 2017 brings additional mass-centralization to the proven R6 package along with updated suspension, for improved front-end feedback and greater cornering confidence.
- Thrilling Power and Control With a class-leading, high-revving four-cylinder powerplant at its heart, the R6 already screams across the start/finish line ahead of the pack, but for 2017, the addition of traction control and D-Modes allow the rider to extract even more performance from the potent engine.
New for 2017:
- Thrilling New R-Series Styling Sleek new fairings immediately signal the serious intent of the 2017 YZF-R6 while boosting aerodynamic efficiency. All-LED lighting creates a sinister new front face, while integrated front turn signals, a new aluminum fuel tank, and R1-style tail section with stepped seat finish off the profile perfectly.
- All-New Suite of Electronic Rider Aids Thanks to the ride-by-wire Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T®), the 2017 YZF-R6 integrates a range of electronic rider aids to give the rider even more control, including selectable D-Mode engine response, a multi-mode traction control system and an accessory quick shifter.
- R1-Derived Suspension To ensure absolute confidence in the front tire with ideal feedback, the new R6 features the same KYB® 43mm inverted front fork as the YZF-R1®, tuned to suit the unique characteristics of the R6. A new KYB® rear shock provides a massive range of adjustment as well.
- Upgraded Brakes with ABS For 2017, the YZF-R6 now features larger 320mm front disc brakes, matched to radial-mount four-piston calipers and a Nissin® radial-mount master cylinder, all right off the R1, for exceptional braking power. ABS is also new for 2017, to ensure braking control across less than ideal road conditions.
4-stroke, liquid-cooled, forward-inclined series 4-cylinder, DOHC, 4 valves
Bore x stroke
67.0 mm x 42.5 mm
87.1 kW (118.4HP) at 14,500 / min
61.7 Nm (6.3 mkp) at 10.500 / min
Oil bath, multiple discs
Electronic petrol injection
Sequential transmission, 6-speed
6.6 l / 100km
154 g / km
Bridge tube frame
Telescopic fork, Ø 43 mm
Front spring travel
Swingarm, over lever system tied spring strut
2 washers, Ø 320 mm
1 disc, Ø 220 mm
120/70 ZR17M / C (58W) Tubeless
180/55 ZR17M / C (73W) Tubeless
Weight, ready to drive, fully refueled
Oil tank capacity